Saturday, June 18, 2011

Grrr, Comcast.

So, this makes the third time in the past week that the internet has been out at my house. Monday, Wednesday, and now ever since Friday afternoon. Needless to say, I'm pretty unhappy with Comcast and I am already looking around for another solution.

I am currently visiting my parents for Father's Day. I will make a small, holiday-related post tomorrow. I am not sure when I will update my story, but I'm hoping by Tuesday. I suppose now is the time to announce it: it's becoming a novel. I have about 5k words typed so far, and about another 3-4k words to get typed up. I'm aiming for an 80k-90k word count, as that seems about standard for comic fantasy. So...if you're reading and you feel like critiquing it, please let me know. I need to know what makes sense and what doesn't. I need to know what's funny and what isn't. I need to get rid of awkward turns of phrase and horrible grammar.

BUT HOORAY! I AM FINALLY WRITING A NOVEL!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for pursuing something so lofty!

    It's hard to get my head around one person writing 80k-90k words, even though it happens all the time.

    ReplyDelete